Training sponsored by Lancaster County First Steps is certified through the South Carolina Center for Child Care Career Development and includes topics in the areas of nutrition, health and safety, curriculum, child guidance, professional development and program administration. Best practices in training include not only the training, but also follow-up with supported practice in the classroom. The child care teachers are in need of consistent, certified training that meets the requirements of the SC Center for Child Care Career Development as well as meeting the individual needs of each center. The Child Care Association, which includes center owners & directors, meets every other month and discusses training opportunities.
WHY TRAINING WORKS
Research shows that well trained and educated individuals in the child care workforce are key to ensuring that children are both safe and in a setting to promote their healthy development.
National Association of Child Care Resource and Referral Agency
PROGRAM RESULTS 2012-2013
• 10 child care centers on average were trained each month
• 487 Children were directly impacted by the training sessions for child care providers
• 1 Center moved from Level BB to Level A Status with the ABC Child Care Program
• 2 Centers moved from Level B to Level BB Status with the ABC Child Care Program
• 28.0 hours of certified training were offered with an average attendance of 42 child care staff per training
• First Steps created a Child Care Association that meetings bi-monthly for program administration trainings
UPCOMING CHILD CARE TRAINING SESSION
To Be Determined