Request for Proposal for Construction Renovation Services
Lancaster County First Steps EHS-CCP is soliciting Construction Renovation proposals at three partnering child care centers.
All work is to achieve substantial completion by August 31, 2017 and final completion by October 31, 2017.
The services requested as detailed below:
- Add 12’ foot divider wall to existing assembly room with 12’ plus ceiling to provide access hallway to new room
- Add two 3 foot doors into new divider wall into assembly room and 8’ wall copy room, break room and office on opposite side of hallway
- Add drop suspended ceiling to new hall way and new room off the hallway
- Extend air return into new 12 foot divider wall
- Extend down duct into new hallway and rooms
- Make 6’ entry door into new room a 3’ door
- Change existing 6’ exterior exit door to 6’ glass store front doors with panic bars and new prefab canopy with light over door
- Add new bathroom with toilet, hand wash sink, strobe and emergency light to existing room
- Add new diaper changing sink to existing classroom
- Add cabinets with food prep sink to existing classroom
- Add 3’ tempered glass windows to existing wall to provide natural light
- Remove existing carpet and add new vinyl flooring for easy and sanitized cleaning
- Add Led lighting to existing fluorescent lighting
- Install new solid sheet vinyl flooring to all affected areas
- Repair leaks in guttering
- Replace and repair rust on outside of building
- Sand and paint stairway on the end of building
- Paint outside of building
- Paint front concrete
- Place vinyl solid fencing around heating and air conditioners
- Place vinyl solid fencing around power pole in rear parking lot
- Seal the roof with “kool seal” to stop and prevent leaks
- Repair rotten boxing
- Play ramp going onto play ground to allow access for large stroller
- Remove current fencing along road and add spaced vinyl fencing along top of hill above ditch
- Add gutters to building
- Replace screws on building that are loose.
- New steps on water fountain and rework plumbing
- Redo benches under shelters (sharp edges)
- Replace boards around swing sets
- Replace solid exit doors in EHS rooms
- Replace edges around Front flower beds
- A/c Window unit at front door entrance due to rust
- Repair molding around window unit in kitchen
- Replace pull down stair case in kitchen. Hanging down.
- Install new dishwasher to kitchen. Dishwasher to be ADA and NSF certified.
- Add upright freezer to the kitchen
- Replace kitchen counter tops with laminate roll tops
- Change front doors to a 3’ store front doors with (2) 18” fixed panel to each side of door
- Add 2 mini split HVAC units to existing EHS rooms
- Add fencing to mobile units egress
- Add covered walkways from mobiles to existing covered walkways
Following is the criteria to include within your proposal response.
1. List company name and address. 2. How many years has your company provided professional construction services for licensed child care centers?
1. List your experience working with licensed child care centers.
PROPOSAL TO COMPLETE PROJECT
1. Give a detailed estimate based on the scope of work provided.
The Proposal shall be in writing and directed to:
LCFS EHS-CCP Director
Submit no later than Friday, August 4, 2017 at 3:30 pm.
Lancaster County First Steps reserves the right to request additional information from any applicant to qualify or disqualify applicants, to reject any or all proposals, to waive any irregularities in any proposal should it be in the best interest of the program, to select the proposal that is in the best interest of the program and not necessarily the lowest cost proposal, and to cancel this Request for Proposal at any time.
Direct all questions to: